- Matriculation Ceremony for the academic year 2019/2020
- REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR MEDICAL INSURANCE COVER/SERVICES 2020/21
- CALL FOR SHORT-TERM/PART-TIME ACADEMIC STAFF POSITIONS (2021 ACADEMIC SESSION)
- SABBATICAL LEAVE OPPORTUNITIES AT PAULESI FOR 2021 ACADEMIC SESSION
- POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AT PAULESI FOR 2021 ACADEMIC SESSION
- CALL FOR ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT STAFF POSITIONS
Study at PAULESI
Applicants should hold a minimum of Upper Second Class Honours of a Bachelor of Science degree or its equivalent in the relevant discipline from a recognized university.
Applicants should hold an MSc degree in the relevant field from a recognized university.
The Master of Science (MSc) course extends over a period of twenty-four (24) months. The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program extends over a period of not more than thirty-six (36) months.
PAU scholarships are open to all member states and are awarded on a competitive basis. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Pan African University Institute of Life and Earth Sciences (including Health and Agriculture), PAULESI is located in the premier University of Nigeria, University of Ibadan. PAULESI has world class departments involved in the delivery of programmes in life, earth, agriculture and health.
The Pan African University (PAU) is a Continental initiative of the African Union Commission (AUC), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. It is the culmination of the decision of the Assembly of Heads of State and Governments of the African Union to create the Pan African University (EX.CL/579 (XVII) in 2009. The University has five Institutes located in the five sub regions of Africa. Nigeria won on competitive bidding to host the Institute of Life and Earth Sciences for West Africa at the University of Ibadan, Ibadan. The PAU is inspired and driven by major policy frameworks of AUC, including the vision of African Union, the second decade of education, and the consolidated plan of action for Science and Technology. Within the same policy frameworks, PAU is embedded as a major instrument for the second decade for Africa which will give way to the African Continental Education Strategy; as well as the African Common Position on post Sustainable Development Goals SDGs.
The aim of Pan African University is to develop institutions of excellence in science, technology, innovation, social sciences and governance, which would constitute the bedrock for an Africa pool of higher education and research.
Pan African University Life and Earth Sciences Institute (including Health and Agriculture) PAULESI offers seven programmes with options. These programmes are offered at the Masters and Ph.D. levels:
1. Reproductive Health Sciences (Reproductive Health and Reproductive Biology options)
2. Plant Breeding
3. Geosciences (Petroleum Geoscience and Mineral Exploration Geosciences)
4. Environmental Managements
5. Veterinary (Avian Medicine and Veterinary Vaccine Production and Quality Control)
6. Medicinal Plant Research and Drug Development
7. Sport Management and Policy Development
The student admission spans through all the African nations of the African Union. The Institute draws its strength from experts both within and outside Africa and Nigeria. The students are tutored with international standards and Africa stands to be highly proud of them.
The Master of Science extends over a minimum of eighteen (18) months (one and half year) and not more than twenty-four (24) months (two years). The Doctor of Philosophy takes a span of three (3) years for completion.
The Institute enjoys funding from the African Union, Host Country and the Host Institution.
The Pan African University Institute for Life and Earth Sciences (including Health and Agriculture)